Friday, July 30, 2010

What I'm working on...

So, Friday rolls around again...

What have I been working on for the last week? Well, I spent some time updating this blog.

I've also been working on a sort of serial killer piece. In first person, about a character who delights in her evil. That was difficult, as I had to get inside her head, and since I was working on it yesterday as that story about the woman in France who killed her babies was breaking...well, as I say - it was difficult. Sometimes reality is even more gruesome than fiction.

Then there's an idea that came to me while walking the dogs one day this week - about an old married couple who have grown apart somewhat. I suppose that'd be classified as literary.

I also had another idea, about a woman who is trapped...I have started it, but it may be too similar to my Just the Dust story which appears in Casting Shadows. Still, I may be able to do something with it.

I've also been tweeting and mentioning on here and on facebook about Stitched Up, the House of Horror anthology which will feature one of my stories. Yup, that's me mentioning it again!

I've been writing a few funny/silly little poems as well. Not sure where to submit them to, so you never know - I may post one or two on the blog!

It's a bank holiday weekend so that means time with friends and family - not a whole lot for writing, probably. Though I do have Folded Word 24/7 coming up. I have to write a piece a day for that, starting on Sunday. Still. I never go anywhere without my notebook anyway!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Joleen,

is the serial killer piece for a Library of Horror book? If you haven't heard of them, they're taking subs at the moment for an antho about killers and evil people...here's a link! --> http://libraryofthelivingdead.lefora.com/2010/05/10/malicious-deviance-stories-about-bad-people-submis/

Wayne

Joleen said...

Hi Wayne,

I was certainly considering submitting to them, though it is written in first person, which the guidelines say 'would be a hard sell'. I'll probably submit it anyway though, once I have it edited and refined :-) Cheers for the link!