Friday, July 23, 2010

What I'm working on...

Friday again....time for an update!

Last week I had a few projects on the go.

I still haven't gone near the fantasy epic. 

On the other hand, I did manage to finish the time travel paradox story. Well, sort of. I'm not really happy with it, so I think I need to go and start it again. There's potential there, it'll just need more revisions than I'm used to - which I suppose is normal for a time travel paradox story. I figure it needs to be either longer too, to justify the time I spent on character development at the start, or shorter in which case I need to cut that stuff out and bring it down to the bare bones.

Plenty more rejections, which have mostly been chronicled throughout the week - well, some of them have anyway. There were more than I moaned about on here! Oh well. Logged them all on duotrope and got on with resubmitting. One more to resubmit somewhere later today. At least one of the rejections was constructive and personal - they'd clearly actually read the story but just decided it wasn't for them. That's ok. I don't mind that.

I've also signed up to participate in Folded Word 24/7  next month. Check the link for more info - basically I have to write either prose or poetry, short, micro or flash, every day in August. I figure I should participate in this sort of writing challenge while I still have time as once study starts again in September I'll be pretty busy and then in November....

I have a vague idea for an article so I should make a start on that (it'll probably just end up as a post here) and I did start another story yesterday, but I have no idea yet where it's going. I do know that it's quite dark, though that should come as no surprise!

No comments: